Thursday, May 28, 2009

The Perils of Buying Online

A couple of days ago, I wrote Paypal an email about the dispute I had with an eBay seller which I paid an item (a laptop computer) with a total cost of $250 and a shipping cost of $64.13. I am pleased as I can be as I've tried it before out of curiosity if buying online also worked out for me even though considering the Postal System here in the Philippines is really slow.

It took me about a week late to file for a dispute or claim just what it says in their "Legal Agreement" not later than 45 days daw?! I did what I did. It's all my fault for not filing much earlier. And so to make the story short, there are maybe some shortcomings on my part that I didn't consider myself because I was blinded by the kid on me for getting so excited and for a lot of possible reasons I can't remember.

Well, lesson learned: the perils of buying online! How frustrating!

An Open Letter To Paypal: An Update

Dear Naiza,

Hello, I hope all is well with you. My name is Luchicie and it is my
pleasure to assist you. As I understand you would like assistance
regarding case PP-697-634-546 and PP-695-598-685. I sincerely apologize
for the inconvenience this has caused you and I am sorry for the delay
in responding to your email but I would be more than willing to help you
on your concern.

Naiza, our policy is to investigate a claim if it has been filed within
45 calendar days of the initial transaction. Unfortunately, we received
your claim on April 30, 2009 and May 3, 2009 which is after the 45 day
deadline and, therefore, we cannot look into this claim.

We do reserve the right to reopen any claim for investigation within 180
calendar days if we receive multiple complaints about a particular
seller. We will contact you by email if this is the case.

I recommend staying in contact with the seller in order to find a
resolution that you are both happy with.

If you'd like more information please have a look at our User Agreement.
You can find it by clicking on the 'Legal Agreements' link at the bottom
of any PayPal page. You will find specific information on the 45-day
deadline in the PayPal Buyer Protection policy and the PayPal Buyer
Complaint Policy.

We appreciate your concern about the activity on your account. While the
vast majority of online transactions are completed without complication,
fraudulent activity can occur. If you feel you have become a victim of
Internet Fraud, there is help available.

Below are options that can be used outside of PayPal.

1. File an internet complaint report against the other party.
o National Fraud Information Center
o Internet Crime Complaint Center
o Better Business Bureau Online
2. File a police report against the other party.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us again.

Sincerely,
Luchicie
PayPal Resolution Services
PayPal, an eBay Company


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments: