Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Are you being so EMO?

Ano? Nagpapaka-EMO ka na naman?

Probably at this time.

I actually tend to be so emotional at times. I can't see nothing wrong with that. I bawl. I cry like a baby. Maybe that's the reason why I'm still here and maintain that level of sanity I have today. For the most part it was so hard to fight back all the rage of immaturity and angst that we might have gone through when we faced a lot of uncertainties. Nobody said it would be easy to mend a broken heart or just to equate the rejection in some point in our lives as if it never happened. I don't know. Let's face it. Often, the truth hurts.

Well, I really don't classify myself as that all-know-how when it comes to all these EMO stuff though I have a lot of friends. But we know that its always associated in music and fashion as one dressing everything black plus the long fridge bangs hairdo that made the whole town go crazy! I don't wear all blacks and I am not a pure-bred EMO, never in my genes. Though I don't have anything against with people who are used to this kind of lifestyle from head to toe. I think basically its merely an abstract statement as a self-expression that is being suppressed in one way or another.

What's wrong, whats getting you down? Is it something I might have said? You're walking around with your head to the ground and your eyes are watery red. I know you've been through rough times. Kicked around, thrown to the ground but you've always been the strong one So don't tell me that nobody gets you 'cause I'm standing in your corner, knocking at tour door. You don't have to be alone

-excerpt "Shelter" lyrics by Corrinne May

Sabi nga ni Peter Parker sa kaibigan niyang si Harry:

Whatever comes our way, whatever battle is raging inside us, we always have a choice. My friend Harry taught me that. He chose to be the best of himself. It’s the choices that make us what we are, and we can always choose to do what's right.

No comments: