Wednesday, February 17, 2010

In Sickness, on Writing and Reading.


I’m on the verge of 3 day sickness blues as well as the heavy coughing for some time now. This occasional fever at night doesn’t do me any good. How can I be so sick when summer is fast approaching? Methinks, as if I’m inclined to go anywhere but no other plans yet.

Again, today I’m all bound to get my head up in making and writing a few lenses when it seems that I’m losing the energy to make some stuff done. Now I’m thinking to take a few course lesson this summer which indeed what I needed right now. I need to boost up my resume in all means by getting a diploma either in Marketing or Human Resource this time. But what do I know about Marketing as well in Human Resource? Somehow online marketing could be more interesting just like what I learning some techniques from years back.

Failure is always an option. Ever since I got rejected by a “job writing interview” last month, I’ve never been so assured of myself and with the things I am doing especially when it comes to the field of work content writers do. Somehow, we are considered as ‘ghost writers’ and lucky enough when our names are being acknowledge when someone bumps into one of our blogs and content pages. We experience all kinds of exhaustion physically, mentally and emotionally because we as content writers are often neglected by the writing society. Yes, we might not be tied down in an office cubicle or a publishing company but we still do exist. Instead, we do our best to show up in our jobs at the comfort of our office home.

Is there a writing society? As I have mentioned it seems that there is. People in all forms can measure your writing techniques, criticize your choose of words and let them fit you into a certain standard in their supposed the precise technical standard in writing.

Writing articles online is surely a vocation. This is the life I chose and somehow the earnings I earned through this are what a satisfaction in my part. I admit I’m not a writer or all-know-how type of person either when it comes to what is ‘in’ for the most part. But I do write for the benefit of those whose hunger for knowledge in an easiest way they can get through the internet. I basically write for people whether some would like it or not.

Though the everyday routines can overly boring at times. Needless to say, I can’t count on how many times I nearly fall asleep in the middle of a long overdue unpublished lens. Now I’m back to my book list and almost finished reading a novel by Paulo Coelho. It is somehow part in my goal to widen the range of reading literature and nothing can beat the best part of what a good book can offer at the end of the day. It lets go into thinking some kind of Trans in other worlds where I hastily dreaming to go to one day.

So far, one of the hardest books in my collection that taking me some time to read in a regular basis I mean in a matter to finish it is the Bible. Feels like I’ll need an extra effort to see through the pages beyond the eagerness thought of reading because I only want to finish it. I know I can do it.

What chapter did I finish the last time I read? I was done reading the book of Job and there goes the other books in the Old Testament. That is probably one of my favorite books in the Bible ever. I cried with pain as if I’m Job when he experience suffering, joy and restoration. If you are more on the spiritual side you know what I mean. It is the most heartbreaking night after reading Job’s life ups and downs.

Hey, let’s play a game plan. Make a list of the books you are dying to read maybe in a matter of days, months or year. You will be amaze on yourself on how many you can collect to put up your very own library in your room. No forbidden books, please!

No comments: